VMware has released patches for two serious ESXi vulnerabilities that were disclosed during the 2020 Tianfu Cup International PWN Contest.
The Tianfu Cup is the most important hacking contest held in China, the total bonus of the contest this year was up to 1 million US dollars.
The participants successfully tested their exploits against the following software:
- iOS 14 running on an iPhone 11 Pro
- Samsung Galaxy S20
- Windows 10 v2004 (April 2020 edition)
- Adobe PDF Reader
- Docker (Community Edition)
- VMWare EXSi (hypervisor)
- QEMU (emulator & virtualizer)
- TP-Link and ASUS router firmware