TROMMEL sifts through directories of files to identify indicators that may contain vulnerabilities.
It identifies the following indicators related to:
- Secure Shell (SSH) key files
- Secure Socket Layer (SSL) key files
- Internet Protocol (IP) addresses
- Uniform Resource Locator (URL)
- email addresses
- shell scripts
- webserver binaries
- configuration files
- database files
- specific binaries files (i.e. Dropbear, BusyBox, etc.)
- shared object library files
- web application scripting variables, and
- Android application package (APK) file permissions.