Microsoft has just released its October 2023 Patch Tuesday, which addresses a total of 103 security vulnerabilities. Among these, 12 have been rated as critical, and there are three zero-day vulnerabilities currently being actively exploited. One of these zero-day vulnerabilities relates to Rapid Reset DDoS attacks, which have recently emerged as a significant issue.
The October 2023 Patch Tuesday includes the following vulnerability types:
- 45 Remote Code Execution (RCE) Vulnerabilities
- 26 Elevation of Privilege (EoP) Vulnerabilities
- 16 Denial of Service (DoS) Vulnerabilities
- 12 Information Disclosure Vulnerabilities
- 3 Security Feature Bypass Vulnerabilities
- 1 Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) Vulnerability
We will spotlight the addressed vulnerabilities, outline the risks associated with zero-day exploits, and guide organizations on protecting their systems.