Today is Microsoft’s August 2023 Patch Tuesday, with security updates for 87 flaws, including two actively exploited and twenty-three remote code execution vulnerabilities.
While twenty-three RCE bugs were fixed, Microsoft only rated six as ‘Critical.’
The number of bugs in each vulnerability category is listed below:
- 18 Elevation of Privilege vulnerabilities
- 3 Security Feature Bypass vulnerabilities
- 23 Remote Code Execution vulnerabilities
- 10 Information Disclosure vulnerabilities
- 8 Denial of Service vulnerabilities
- 12 Spoofing vulnerabilities
These counts do not include twelve Microsoft Edge (Chromium) vulnerabilities fixed earlier this month.