FIRMADYNE is an automated and scalable system for performing emulation and dynamic analysis of Linux-based embedded firmware. It includes the following components:
- modified kernels (MIPS: v2.6.32, ARM: v4.1, v3.10) for instrumentation of firmware execution;
- a userspace NVRAM library to emulate a hardware NVRAM peripheral;
- an extractor to extract a filesystem and kernel from downloaded firmware;
- a small console application to spawn an additional shell for debugging;
- and a scraper to download firmware from 42+ different vendors.