The cybersecurity researchers at SlashNext have unveiled a concerning attack trend that targets unsuspecting users who own Airbnb accounts. This trend involves a wide range of malicious techniques, though not entirely new, that pose a significant threat.
- Cybercriminals are using a variety of methods to gain unauthorized access to Airbnb accounts, including stealers, stolen cookies, and account checkers.
- Once cybercriminals have gained access to an Airbnb account, they can use it to book properties, make fraudulent purchases, or even steal the victim’s personal information.
- The scale of the problem is significant, with thousands of Airbnb accounts available for purchase on digital stores for as low as one dollar.
- To protect yourself from this type of fraud, it is important to take steps to secure your Airbnb account, such as using a strong password and enabling two-factor authentication.
- You can also help to protect yourself from Airbnb scams by only booking with hosts who have a good reputation and positive reviews, being wary of offers that seem too good to be true, and never giving out your personal information to anyone you don’t know and trust.